This is a short and easy to follow guide on how to use the new announcements website from start to finish. Announcements will send a daily digest every day at noon.
- go to announcements.clarkson.edu
- This is a password protected website, you will need to use your CAS AD username and password to access the site. This just allows you to view the website, you will not be able to edit anything yet.
- To log in to add and edit pages, go to the footer and hover to the right of the word "reserved" there is an image there that will take you to the wordpress login screen to add and edit posts.
- when you hover over the image it will have a very light border appear. Click on it and it will take you to the login screen
- Otherwise you can navigate directly to announcements.clarkson.edu/wp-login.php?external=wordpress
- Sign in using the same CAS credentials to access the website
- in the upper left corner of the toolbar, click on "Campus Announcements"
- on the left side menu, hover over "Posts" and then click "Add New"
- Title the post
- Add your body copy
- select your category or categories (this is your audience, the groups of people that you want to read the email)
- Add your tag(s) that are relevant to your announcement. Click on the text titled "Choose from the most used tags" link and select the tags you would like to add to the announcement.
- When you are finished writing your announcement click the "Publish" button.
- Click "View Post" if you would like to go directly to your newly published announcement.
If you need to Edit:
- When viewing the site, click "Edit" on the announcement that you would like to make changes to, as seen below.
- Click "Edit"
- Make your edits
- Click the button that says "Update"
If you need to Delete:
- When viewing the site, click "Edit" on the announcement that you would like to make changes to.
- Click "Edit"
- Click Move to Trash.