If you are interested in a position with OIT please login to KnightLink to apply. Open positions are generally posted the beginning of each semester, as needed.
Each semester OIT employs a number of student employees to assist in performing the mission of the department. These students perform a variety of tasks, including:
- Software and hardware installation and troubleshooting
- Computer builds and re-builds
- Using our ticketing system to track progress and communicate with customers
- Researching fixes and solutions to IT trouble tickets
- Documenting procedures and practices
- Running new network drops and troubleshooting existing network drops
- Assisting with the maintenance of the University network and server infrastructure
Our student employees generally fall into one of three catagories:
- Satellite Assistants: These students work directly with the team of professionals who provide direct end-user support to the faculty and staff of the University.
- Network/Services Assistants: These students work with the team of professionals who support the University's network and server infrastructure.
- Audio-Visual Assistants: These students work with our Audio-Visual team to assist with the maintenance/expansion of the University's classroom AV systems and as extra support for special events like graduation and open-houses