Before learning how to connect PLEASE read the instructions BELOW** how to end a remote desktop connection. Doing it wrong will prevent you from connecting again.
- Be sure this is complete : Setting Up My PC To Allow Remote Desktop Connections.
- Make sure you are connected via VPN.
- Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection.
- Enter your computer name you copied in step 1. (not the IP address) and click 'Connect'.
- You will then be prompted for your username and password. Note that it may be necessary to precede your username with "ad\" to specify that you authenticating using Clarkson's active directory (ad).
- Click OK.
** Ending a Remote Desktop Session
When ending your Remote Desktop Connect, click on the X in the tool bar at the top of the screen.
DO NOT GO TO THE START MENU AND CLICK SHUTDOWN! This will turn off the remote computer and then you won't be able to connect to it again.
( <Close up view)