This tutorial will show you how to use the Cisco Anyconnect VPN client with Android. Please note, these directions are for the Jellybean 4.1/4.2 platform. If you have a different version, the procedure may vary.
1. Use the Android Marketplace or Google Play to search for "Anyconnect". You will find several versions that are available. If there is a version for your device manufactuer then please select that app (ie: HTC, Samsung, etc). If there is not a version listed for your device choose "AnyConnect ICS+". Install and open the app.
2. You will be prompted to accept the End User License Agreement. Choose Accept at the bottom of the screen.
3. On the next screen choose "Add New VPN Connection"
4. Select "Description" and enter something like Clarkson, CUVPN or Clarkson University and click "OK". Select "Server Address" and enter cuvpn.clarkson.edu and click "OK". You do not need to edit anything within "Advanced Preferences". Click on "Done".
5. You will now see a connection listed for your Clarkson VPN. When you select that connection you will be prompted to enter your Clarkson AD username and Clarkson AD password. The Group must remain as "default".
6. You will receive a warning window. Please put a check mark next to "I trust this application" and click "OK".
7. You are now connected to the Clarkson VPN. The On/Off toggle next to AnyConnect VPN should be in the "ON" position. To ensure that the VPN connection is working correctly, you may navigate to isthevpnworking.clarkson.edu.