This tutorial will show you how to install the client that Clarkson uses for it's VPN connections called Cisco Anyconnect. This tutorial explains the process for Windows 7 and Windows 8 or 8.1.
1. Open your browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox) and browse to https://cuvpn.clarkson.edu. Enter your Clarkson AD username and password, and click "Login".
2. . The Anyconnect download should automatically start. You may see a yellow bar at the top of the window asking your permission to allow Java to run. You can choose "Always run on this site" or the comparable option.Please note that if you are using Internet Explorer you may also be prompted to allow Active X to be installed. If you are using Chrome or Firefox, you will not.
3. When prompted by Java, click "Run". Please note you may also get a Microsoft security warning that appears as a yellow/orange box and will dim your screen. You can click run in this box as well.
4. The AnyConnect install will start.
5. When the install is complete you will not receive notification, but you will notice a globe icon appear in your system tray to the left of the clock. If you click on that globe you should see the following screen:
6. To ensure that the VPN connection is working correctly, you may navigate to isthevpnworking.clarkson.edu.
7. When you are finished using the VPN you may disconnect. In the future you can find the VPN icon in the system tray to the left of the clock, under Start > All Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, or you can browse to https://cuvpn.clarkson.edu. For future connections you will be prompted to enter your AD username and password.