A How-To Guide for creating automated newsletters for announcement posts.
After logging in to WordPress: announcements.clarkson.edu/wp-admin
- From the Newsletter dashboard, hover over Newsletters and select "Automated Newsletter"
- Click the blue "Add a New Channel" button to create a new automated newsletter.
- Begin choosing the theme options as listed below in the images.
- Choose the "clarkson" theme from the drop-down list and click the blue change button. Next select the "Category" that you would like to include and the "Post Types" to be "Posts" (both pictured below).
- IMPORTANT the following images will reflect the "clarkson" theme. As you are going down the page, you can fill in with intro paragraphs and other items. Keep in mind this is an automated newsletter and this information will be included on every emailed newsletter within this channel so do not include dates or anything specific to a certain post. Please do not change any pre-selected options such as banners or colors (this is to be branded as shown).
- Under the "Configuration" tab, choose the settings for when you would like this newsletter to be sent out.
- When selecting the time for the newsletter to be sent, the newsletter plugin is 4 hours ahead. If you want to schedule a newsletter at 2:00 pm (14:00), you must schedule it at 18:00.
- If you wish to test the newsletter, you will need to make sure to update the list to the testing list as highlighted below.
VERY IMPORTANT THIS WILL SEND EMAIL IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT TEST IF NOT READY TO SEND OR IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TESTING LIST SELECTED IN CONFIGURATION.
- Remember to switch back to appropriate list when finished testing and SAVE.
This concludes creating an automated newsletter.