OIT - Knowledge Base
Student Achievement Services
University Policy Repository
- There are essentially three steps to creating an Expense Report:
- Enter general travel and expense information (the header information),
- Enter the detailed expense line(s),
- Attach receipts.
- The detailed expense lines are entered for various types of expenses, such as airfare, lodging, meals and mileage. Each line will require you to enter the date the expense was incurred and an amount (or number of miles if a mileage expense type is used). You may also need to enter a description, the name of the merchannt, the currency (if other than your base currency) and other information as required. If the item was purchased on your One Card, then you will be able to pull all this information from your 'My Wallet' functionality. For Per Diems, you will need to indicate your location, and also if any meals were not taken.
- Expense reports will also require receipts to be attached to the online document. You must obtain and submit receipts for all expenses over $75. Documents must be scanned into an electronic file and then attached to the expense report. The scanned and attached receipts are then available for review by Expense Report Approvers, accountants and managers as needed.
Navigate to the Create Expense Report page:
For most employees, once you click the Create hyperlink, this Create Expense Report page will be displayed.
If you are also an Authorized User (proxy) for another person, you will see the page shown below instead. Your employee ID will default into the "Empl ID" field. If you are creating an Expense Report for yourself, click "Add" and continue to the Create Expense Report page (shown further below).
If you are creating an Expense Report for another person, click the magnifying glass icon to display the Look Up page. Select the correct employee by clicking the hyperlink for his/her Employee ID. You can then click the Add button to open the Create Expense Report page.
The Create Expense Report page is your "home base" for all fields that must be completed. There is a User Defaults hyperlink available that opens your User Profile on the User Defaults page. Also, you can use the Quick Start option to choose an entry method:
- Blank Report - lets you start with a blank report. If you updated your User Defaults, those defaults would appear. You can choose to associate a Travel Authorization and/or select credit card transactions as part of your expense report creation, if appropriate. This can be a good option if you have a bunch of out-of-pocket transactions, also.
- Template - lets you start with a User Template. If you have credit card transactions, this option isn't helpful because the rows on your template won't interact with your credit card transactions.
- Travel Authorization - if you have an approved TA, you could start with it, but if you have any One Card transactions, don't. If you have an approved TA and credit card transactions, you must choose one or the other, or you could have multiple rows for the same item. For example, a row for airfare created from the TA, and a row for the same airfare created from the credit card transaction.
- Existing Report - lets you copy an existing report, which you can then update as needed. Similarly, to the Template option, rows from an existing ER don't interact with new credit card transactions, so this isn't a good choice if most of your transactions are credit card ones.
- Entries from My Wallet - if you used the University's One Card, you can select this option to pull in transactions. This is a good option if most of your transactions come from your One Card.
Please see the linked FAQ's below to continue with your Expense Report creation.
Adding One Card charges from My Wallet
Correcting the expense type in My Wallet
Entering header information in an Expense Report 9.2