1. In Windows 7, click on the start menu and then on control panel. From the control panel make sure that 'view by:' in the upper right hand corner is set to Small icons and click on 'Network and Sharing Center'.
2. In the Network and Sharing Center click on 'Change adapter settings' in the upper left hand corner.
3. Right click on 'Local Ara Connection' and choose Properties.You may be prompted to allow the program to run, you can click yes. In the Local Area Connection Properties window uncheck 'Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
4. Next, click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP IPv4) and choose properties.
5. In the next window, click on Advanced.
6. In the next window, click on the WINS tab and remove the check the 'Enable LMHOSTS lookup' (if there was no check there, just it blank). Also; under NetBIOS setting put the radial button next to 'Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP'.
7. Finally, click ok on all the open windows until you are back to the Control Panel. You must reboot your computer for these settings to take effect.