Steps for creating and adding the image needed for social media. This is done in Drupal and will need to be sized appropriately before uploading to the website.
If you already have the photo that you need:
- Take photo into Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Paint or any photo editor that you have and size the image to the one of the following dimensions
- 200x200 (minimum size)
- Once photo has been cropped and sized, upload to the Drupal Media Library by adding new media.
- Fill in needed data (alt tag, image title, etc) and then where the file name is, right click and "Copy Link Address"
- After you copy the address, save the media file and navigate to the page where you want to add the image.
- Click to edit the page and on the right sidebar under Meta Data you will need to click on the Open Graph toggle to open the content.
- Scroll down to the area where it says Image and paste in the URL that you copied from the image upoload
- Save the page.
- When using the link for the social media sharing, it may not show the image on the preview but it will show the image if you post it. If it does not that may mean that the photo is not sized properly and you will need to repeat the process.
If you need to get the photo from the site:
- Go to the Media Library and edit the image that you need
- After the edit window opens right click on the image and copy the link address
- Open a new tab and paste in the URL that you just copied
- Right click on the image and click on "save image as" to download to your computer.
- Go to the image where you just downloaded it and open in PhotoShop, Microsoft Paint or your photo editor that you use and then follow the remaining steps above to