OIT - Knowledge Base
Student Achievement Services
University Policy Repository
Setting up Duo for your mobile device
Before you start you must have :
- Your cell phone ( iOS 13 or newer or Android 8 or newer is required )
- A laptop or desktop computer to log into the DuoPortal
- If you have the DUO Mobile App installed it must be granted access to your cell camera until this process is complete.
To enroll, open a web browser on your COMPUTER and visit https://duoportal.clarkson.edu.
- Enter your username and password into the standard Clarkson Login page.
- You will then be presented with a Duo Dialog. Click Start Setup.
- In this section, we are setting up a mobile device
- If you select Mobile Phone, you will be prompted to enter your phone number, and select the type of device it is
- If you select Tablet you will be prompted only for the device type.
- At this point you will be prompted to Install the Duo app on your mobile device. In your devices app store, search for Duo Mobile and install the app. Once you have the app installed, click "I have Duo Mobile Installed"
- You will be presented with a QR code on your COMPUTER screen. Open the Duo app on your CELL PHONE and point the back camera at the QR code
- Select your preferences on the following screen and click "Continue to log in"
Logging in to a Duo enabled account
- Periodically you will be required to authenticate with Duo in addition to entering your username and password. You will be presented with one of the following dialog boxes, depending on the options you chose during setup.
- If you are authenticating using push notifications, authorize your login on your mobile device. If you are authenticating with a passcode, retrieve it from the Duo app on our mobile device or from your hardware token.
*** Please note, when entering a passcode you must Click on the green "Enter a Passcode" button before the application will allow you to enter the passcode from your device.