DL classrooms are equipped to record presenter's content, audio & video using Echo 360. Recordings are scheduled in advance (one-time or recurring) and students view recordings online. Instructors can link to recordings within Moodle to share with students only, or share access publicly. OIT can assist you with selecting the option that is right for you.
Before you begin:
Recommendation: If new to Echo 360, please allow 1-2 business days for account set up, orientation and training.
- Contact the Helpdesk (email@example.com or x4357) to schedule a capture.
- Please include:
- Your Clarkson username and full name
- Course name/number, term and Moodle short name (if known).
- Recording Schedule: start/end date(s), start/end times, frequency and room where you will capture. If you are requesting to capture outside of your regularly scheduled class time, you will need to contact Room Reservations for room availability and reserve the room prior to scheduling the Echo recording.
- Equipment: PRIOR TO RECORDING, you will need to obtain a wireless lapel microphone and a stylus for the classroom you plan to record. They are avail from the Help Desk during normal business hours.
When you record with Echo 360:
- Obtain a lapel microphone from the Help Desk, CAMP 171 prior to start of recording.
- At start up, login to the podium PC or connect to VGA/HDMI dongle on the podium. Launch any content you plan to present. Turn on projector.
- Turn microphone belt pack ON and clip microphone to lapel.
- Presenter can check to be sure wireless lapel mic is receiving voice signal. Look for Shure mic receiver in the podium. Look for one steady and one flashing light to indicate Shure receiver is receiving voice signal.
If lights are not activated, Transmitter is not communicating with Receiver. More support is needed: Call Help Desk X6700 for classroom support.
Presenter can check that Echo is recording at the scheduled start time by locating the Echo 360 Unit in the podium (shown above).
- Green light = Unit is in Stand By
- Red Arrow light = Unit is recording
Classroom Support Instructions:
- Group and Channel on Transmitter and Receiver must match.
For OIT ONLY: Manually set Receiver Group and Channel:
- Hold the group button on the receiver until the display begins to flash.
- While the display is flashing, press the group button again to advance to the desired group.
- To manually set Channel, follow the same steps above using the channel button instead of the group button.