This tutorial is for instructors who want to have a link in their Moodle course to a list of all of the Echo Recordings for that specific course. This list is dynamic, as weekly scheduled recordings are added in Echo the students will see them and you do not need to update anything.
The tutorial has two major parts :
1 - Creating a clickable link in Moodle
2 - Pointing that link to the list* of echo recordings for the course.
*Linking to an individual echo recording is similar, except in part 2 you select the individual recording (In Echo360 language called a Classroom) instead of the Section Home.
Part 1 - Create the Clickable link in Moodle
- Log into Moodle
- Find and select Course
- Click Turn Editing On
- Locate the course section where you want the link & then click Add an Activity or Resource
- Select External Tool
- Fill in Activity name field - This will be the words in the link that students click on.
- From Preconfigured Tool drop down, choose Echo360.
- Click Save and Return to Course
Part 2 - Point the link to your recordings in Echo
- First time only: Back on your Moodle course page, click on the activity name link you just added.
- This will launch Echo, and you will be prompted to select the Section or Recording you want to link to inside Moodle.
- At Step 1: Choose (or create) a section - Click the Section drop down and select desired course from list.
12. Select Link to the Section Home and click LINK CONTENT.