OIT - Knowledge Base
Student Achievement Services
University Policy Repository
Pixabay.com images are free of cost and royalty (you don't have to cite them).
To obtain a Pixabay image:
- Navigate to https://pixabay.com/.
- Type the subject that you are looking for in the white Search box in the top middle of the page.
- When the results come up, you will want to focus on the images in the "Free" area. The top row of images is "Sponsored Images from Shutterstock" which you need to pay for. The rest of the images on the page are free.
- When you see an image you like, click on it, and you will see a green "Free Download" button to the right.
- Choose your size (it is ok to download whatever size is already selected, as this one is guaranteed to be free) and download.
- You can optionally create an account but you don't need to. You can always download images without creating an account.
Adding the Image to Your Course
- Turn editing on in the top right corner of the course.
- Click the edit button to the right of the label you want to add an image to.
- In the Editor, put your cursor where you would like the top of your image to begin. If you want it docked to the top and right so that words wrap around it, place your cursor at the very beginning of your text.
- Click the image icon on the edit toolbar.
- Click Find or upload an image.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the image you would like to add within your files and click Open.
- Click Upload this file.
- Enter an image description.
- Click the Appearance tab.
- Set the Alignment to Right.
- Make sure Constrain proportions are checked.
- Change the dimension on the left to 300 (you can change this later if you don't like this size, but it is a good size to start with).
- Click Insert.
- Click Save changes if you are finished editing this area.
- Your image should display to the top right.