OIT - Knowledge Base
Student Achievement Services
University Policy Repository
Many Peer-to-Peer file sharing applications will continue to consume bandwidth even when they are "closed." It is recommended that these applications be completely removed to eliminate this behavior.
Tips on Filesharing
- Distributing copyrighted materials without the consent of the copyright holder is a violation of federal law. It does not matter that you may have paid for the filesharing application (as is the case with the premium version of Limewire).
- How the RIAA Catches Alleged Music Pirates [The Chronicle of Higher Education]
How to Remove Peer-to-Peer Filesharing Applications
- Removing File-Sharing Programs [University of Delaware]
- Programs Popular P2P File Sharing Applications Removal Instructions [Washington State University]
- Removing File-Sharing Programs [Cornell University]