OIT - Knowledge Base
Student Achievement Services
University Policy Repository
Entering header information in an Expense Report 9.2
Adding One Card charges from My Wallet
Once the card charges are pulled into your Expense Report, you will need to review each line and make changes as needed. Common changes needed are discussed below:
- Expense Type: The system applies the expense type when the credit card file is loaded. It is based on the MCC code supplied by the merchant, which may not always adequately describe the expense. For example, you might purchase food at a gas station. In that case, the MCC code for that merchant would indicate Gas, although that wouldn't be the best Expense Type for the expenditure. Please note, you must make changes to your One Card transactions in My Wallet. See link above.
- Billing Type: You will need to select a Billing Type, as it cannot be obtained from the credit card transaction. If you use the 'Personal Expense' Expense Type, then the Billing Type should be Internal.
- To review the accounting entries for a line click the Accounting Detail icon
The system will display the accounting defaults that you entered/updated while configuring your Header (General) Information. Note that all fields are "grayed out" except for GL Account, which can be overridden here if required. To make any other change, you will need to select the appropriate SpeedChart. Also, you can add more lines to split the expense further, or delete lines. Changes here are not carried to other lines or back to the defaults - they are only applicable for the individual line that you have updated.
Click OK to continue.
The system will display the Attendees icon if the Expense Type requires them to be listed (such as meals and entertainment expenses). Click the icon to display the page.
The system will display your name and Clarkson University on the first row. Use the Add or Remove icons on the right to add or delete any attendees. Neither Company nor Title are required. Additionally, if you purchased the meal, but did not attend or participate, you can list the actual Attendees and remove yourself.
- Description: You will need to enter a description for most expenses. Notable exceptions are Lodging and Per Diem.
- Non-Reimb: This functionality is not currently working, and has been reported to PeopleSoft. For now, this box will be "grayed out" on your expense reports.
- No Receipt: If you don't have a receipt for the item, and it is over $75, check this box. After checking for errors, or at Save or Submit, you will be prompted to enter a reason for the missing receipt.
- Split Receipt: If a single charge contains items that should be charged to different Expense Types then click the Split Receipt icon to the right of the applicable line.
Splitting receipts in an Expense Report
For One Card charges, the system will import the Location, but it will not display here.
The Merchant from the credit card file will be displayed here. The field is grayed out, so no changes can be made.
- Ticket Number: If the merchant supplies the ticket number in the credit card file, it will be displayed here. If it is not, you will need to enter it manually.
- Nbr of Nights: If the merchant supplies the number of nights stayed, it will be displayed here. If it is not, you will need to enter it manually.
- Hotel Wizard: Click the Hotel Wizard icon to split the hotel receipt into its various charges, such as room, meals, parking, laundry, etc.