- In your web browser go to www.java.com and click on the red button that says 'Free Java Download'.
2. You will need to click on the next red button that says 'Agree and Start Free Download'
3. The download should start in the task bar at the bottom of your screen. Once it has completed downloading you can click on the icon to launch Java.You will be asked 'Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer?' You can click Yes.
4. You will see a Welcome to Java screen. Pleae click 'Install'.
5. After about 15-30 seconds another window will pop up and suggest that you install the free browser add-on. Please uncheck 'Install the Ask Toolbar and make Ask my default search provider'. Then click 'Next'.
6. Java will install and let you know when it's completed. You have now successfully updated Java.