This policy is designed to outline the security requirements for the Network Infrastructure and define the levels of access that are permitted based on job duty.
This policy provides specific access guidelines and permissions to the Network Infrastructure based on need.
This policy impacts any individual who has previously had access to the Network Infrastructure, and those who continue to require access under the new guidelines.
The Network Infrastructure is to remain secured at all times. At no time should a door be left ajar and un-tended. Individuals requiring access to the Network Infrastructure must request this access via the Directors of IT Operations or the CIO. Access will be granted for those who can demonstrate a need to access the Network Infrastructure due to their job duties.
Those authorized to access the Network Infrastructure will be issued the appropriate keys in accordance with University policy.
Those having access to the Network Infrastructure will be placed into one of these categories with the resulting level of access:
- Campus Safety and Security
- This group includes all members of the Campus Safety and Security staff.
- Full-Access Staff Members
- This group is comprised of all staff members that are directly responsible for one or more components of the Network Infrastructure, participate in the on-call schedule and the CIO. Access to the Network Infrastructure is granted to these individuals at any time.
- Student employees
- This group is comprised of student employees who need to access the Network Infrastructure during the normal course of their duties. Access will be granted during each student’s normal working hours (business hours only).
Those having access to the Network Infrastructure also have the responsibility to report suspected unauthorized access or tampering with equipment to the CIO (or the Technical Director of IT Operations in the CIO’s absence). The CIO will initiate an investigation into all reports of unauthorized access.
Failure to follow this policy will result in the offender(s) being subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. Individuals who gain access to the Networking Infrastructure by means other than those outlined in this document will be considered trespassing and will be referred to Human Resources or the Dean of Students as appropriate.