- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Clarkson has chosen to migrate email and calendaring services to Google Apps for Education as a replacement for the current Microsoft Exchange environment. Why?
- More robust, modern feature-set for both email and calendar
- Availability of chat and video conferencing abilities natively within the application
- Unlimited mailbox size
- Lower administrative overhead
- Pilot Implementation (May - June 2015)
During this phase IT staff members and a small group of invited faculty, staff, and students have migrated to Google Apps. This pilot group will tested Clarkson's connection to and configuration of Google Apps and gained first-hand experience with migrating to and using Google Apps in day-to-day work life.
- Invited Beta (Jul 2015)
During this phase a group of invited faculty, staff and student "power-users" migrated to Google Apps. This group broadened the testing of Google Apps and provided additional feedback to OIT staff that helped to shape the migration processes and documentation/training materials produced for the campus.
- Final Student Migration (3 August 2015)
During this phase, all students will be migrated to Google Apps
- Faculty and Staff Opt-In (10 August - 21 September 2015)
During this phase, faculty and staff may choose to migrate at any time by contacting the IT HelpDesk
- Final Faculty and Staff Migration (21 September 2015)
At this point, all remaining faculty and staff will be migrated
Resources to help you get started using Google Apps for Education can be found here.
- Students - http://confluence.clarkson.edu/x/HoDB
- Faculty and Staff - http://confluence.clarkson.edu/x/IoDB