Before deciding to implement use of the SEB for student testing, consider the pros and cons below.
- From an instructor's perspective, SEB serves it's purpose, which is to deliver secure
- online assessments.
- As long as the instructor has tested that SEB is working as expected in the venue
where your students will be taking the test
- Installing off-site or from a home computer-A small sample of student testers*
found the installation of SEB to be a challenge. They encountered delays such as:
- waiting for the configuration files to download,
- having to pause and restart (sometimes more than once,
- numerous pop-up windows,
- restart required after browser installation.
*Once tested with a larger group of students, cons may be resolved or limited.