- Navigate to Google's main 2 Factor authentication page (https://www.google.com/landing/2step/) and Click on the "Get Started" Button.
- If prompted, log into the account you wish to protect with 2 factor authentication. Otherwise, click on the "Sign In" button and follow the prompts to sign into your account. In some instances, you may have to do both.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to Step 2. Turn On 2-Step Verification.
- Select the device of choice. If you select text, enter the number Google should text to. Click Next.
- Enter code that Google sends.
- If you choose NOT to use a mobile device, you will not be able to use text message verification in this or later steps of this guide.
- If you choose to use a LANDLINE, that is the only device you will be able to use to authenticate you account in the future.
- Depending on your choices above, you will receive a verification code as a text or voicemail. Enter that code into the box labeled "Enter the code", on the page that opens. (Fig 2)
- On the new page that opens, click "Turn On". (Fig 2)