This guide will first show you how to create a quiz shell in the Learning Modules area of your Moodle course. Secondly, you will see how to add questions from your course question bank to the quiz shell.
To create the quiz shell
- Select your course in Moodle
- In the top right corner click on "Turn Editing On"
- Click on "+Add an activity or resource"
- A pop up will appear scroll down and locate "Quiz" and select it, then click "Add"
- Give the quiz an appropriate name, in the description area, add instructions for students such as how many times they may take the quiz or if there is a time limit. Next adjust the settings of the quiz to your preferences. Click "Save and return to course"
Now have a quiz shell with instructions and settings, next you will add questions to the quiz:
- Click on the quiz in the learning modules area:
- Select the "Edit Quiz" button.
- Click on the teeny "Add" link on the right.
- Since you are adding questions previously created in your course question bank, click on "+ from question bank"
- Select the drop down menu under "Select a category:" locate the category where you uploaded questions for this quiz (example: Chapter 1)
- Click the box to select all the questions in the category, then click on "Add selected question to the quiz" (alternatively you can add a random number of questions)
- Adjust the points accordingly. If there are 12 questions, you can set the grade to be 100 and Moodle will calculate the correct percentage achieved by the students.
- Select "Return to: Learning Module (Topic) 1"
|Content by Label|
|cql||label in ("moodle","quiz") and type = "page" and space = "OITKB"|