Zoom and Echo360 at Clarkson are integrated which means when a Clarkson user hosts a Zoom session and chooses to record to the cloud, AND that user has an active Echo360 account, the Zoom recording will automatically upload to the user's Echo library. Note: please plan for servers to process the recording (2-4 hour delay) before Zoom cloud recordings are available for viewing in Echo.
If you haven't already, be sureyou must first:To
- activate a Clarkson Zoom account
- - go to: clarkson.zoom.us, Click Sign In, and opt for Clarkson Sign On.
- a Clarkson Echo360 account
- - go to: go.clarkson.edu/echo, and follow prompts to sign in using Clarkson Single Sign On.
To share recordings created in the Zoom cloud to students:
Instructors can publish Zoom Cloud recordings to their Course in Echo, and it will appear in Moodle through External Tool link.
To Set UP:
- Schedule the Zoom meeting you plan to use for all your classes and choose to record to the cloud.
- Add External Tool in your Moodle Course (here's how).
- From Moodle, at the External Tool link you added in your Moodle course, click to see your Echo course, then click wheel icon drop down and Account Settings button located in upper right menu.
Alternative: Login at go.clarkson.edu/echo, choose Account Settings, Zoom Settings and map the Zoom meeting ID to the desired Term, Course and Section
4) Click Zoom Settings located on the left menu. Look for the matching Zoom Meeting ID and Name that you plan to use for class. From drop down, locate current term and select your course, section and term. Save all changes.
3) Add External Tool in your Moodle Course (here's how) and link to desired Term, Course and Section.
All future Zoom cloud recordings will publish here for your students to access.
Option 1 alternate: To Share Recordings Individually:
For each recording, locate desired recording in Echo in Library. Click on desired recording to view.
4) Recording will appear at the External Link in Moodle, and students can access recording from there.
OPTION II: Instructors can share each recording with a public link. Instructors will need to do this for each recording.