- Be sure this is complete : Setting Up My PC To Allow Remote Desktop Connections.
- Make sure you are connected via VPN.
- Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection.
- Enter your computer name you copied in step 1. (not the IP address) and click 'Connect'.
- You will then be prompted for your username and password. Note that it may be necessary to preceed precede your username with "ad\" to specify that you authenticating using Clarkson's active directory (ad).
- Click OK.
** Ending a Remote Desktop Session
DO NOT GO TO THE START MENU AND CLICK SHUTDOWN! This will turn off the remote computer and then you won't be able to connect to it again.
( <Close up view)