1. In your browser navigate to http://mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do. Fill in the fields as required, using your Clarkson email account. Change "How will you use MathWorks software?" to "Student use" and click on the Create button.
2. You will the following confirmation page.
3. An email will be sent to your Clarkson email account. Click on the blue "Verify Email Address" button in the email that you receive.
4. Fill in the additional requested information and click on the blue Create button at the bottom.
5. You should be directed to a download screen like the image below. Select the proper blue button for the Operating system you are running to begin the download.
If for some reason you do not see the screen above, navigate to http://mathworks.com/downloads/web_downloads/select_release (see below) and click on the blue button that is labeled R2018b.
Then you will prompted to select the proper blue button
6. Click on Run.
7. Click on "Yes" to allow changes to me made to your computer. You will see a download window.
7. The radio button should be next to "Log in with a MathWorks Account". Click Next.
8. License Agreement. Place the radio button next to yes and click Next.
9. License Selection. The radio button should be next to "Select a license" and then click Next >.
10. Folder Selection. Leave the default settings on this screen. Click Next >.
11. By default, only certain product boxes will be selected. Check/Uncheck those toolboxes you want/don't want to be installed. Click Next >.
12. Installation Options. Check/uncheck options as desired. Click Next > to continue.
13. Confirmation. This screen confirms your prior choices. Click Install >.
14. This is a large file and it will take awhile to download.
15. Click Next.
16. Make sure Activate MATLAB is checked and click Next.
18. Click Next.
20. Click Confirm >.
21. Click Finish.