How to create a new webpage for intranet.clarkson.edu
After logging in through WordPress
- On the left side menu of the "dashboard", choose the Pages link
- Select the option to "Add New" to create a new page
- Enter the Page Title, please do your best to keep the title relevant and concise
- Next choose the "parent" page that this will be listed under (i.e. Environmental Health and Safety is the "Parent" page of Fire Safety and the url would be internal.clarkson.edu/dehs/fire-safety).
- You will then choose your "Template." For most pages, it will remain the option of Default Template. If you are unsure if a page should have a different template please feel free to contact the help desk and someone will assist you in this decision.
- The last step will be to add your content to the content section and to format it. This section works very similarly to simplified Microsoft word.
- This is for your text size. Paragraph will be most regular text. For titles above paragraphs, please use "Heading 3"
- The chain link icon is for adding links to other pages. This works for both the links inside of the internal site and outside (i.e. google, amazon, youtube, etc)
- This button is to add images and documents.
- You will not need the other buttons that are crossed out below.
- To finish, please publish the document by clicking the blue publish button on the right side of the page.
Important note: Do not publish pages to another department. You will not be able to edit them again if you do this. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact the help desk.
|You may also want to use visual panels to communicate related information, tips or things users need to be aware of.|
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.